Monday, August 30, 2004

It just keeps getting better

The New York Times for Monday reveals that columnist Robert Novak, who has repeatedly touted the anti-Kerry book by the Swift Boat Veterans for Lies, has an undisclosed tie to it: His son, Alex Novak, is the director of marketing for the book's publisher, the conservative publishing house Regnery.

The continuing drip of such information, I suspect, is why we're now seeing such as this:
Troy, Ohio (AP, August 29) - President Bush said opponent John Kerry's service was "more heroic" than his during Vietnam, in an interview shown Saturday on NBC News.

"I think him going to Vietnam was more heroic than my flying fighter jets," said Bush, who served in the Texas Air National Guard. "He was in harm's way and I wasn't. On the other hand, I served my country. Had my unit been called up, I would have gone."
What I think we have here is a sign that the Rethuglicans have decided they've gotten as much mileage out of this business as they're going to and want to turn it off before the counterattack gains any more traction.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');