Thursday, February 03, 2005

Housekeeping note

I've just become aware that some browsers misread my expression "STDD & GTHO." Usually done without quotes or the spaces, it stands for "Set the Damn Date and Get the Hell Out" of Iraq.

But apparently some browsers read the ampersand followed immediately by the GT as meaning a "greater than" sign so it comes out as STDD>HO. Which I expect was really confusing to people who came in after I started using the phrase regularly.

So I'm going to try doing it is STDD/GTHO from now on. Hopefully, fewer people will read a post about Iraq and end up going "huh?"

Well, I suppose some might anyway, but at least not for that reason.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');