Friday, September 30, 2005

The pause that refreshes

Well, hopefully. The move is on Saturday and after this posting I'm going to pack up the gizmo and so be computerless for a couple of days. There won't be anything else from me until the beginning of the week.

This is my fourth move in the past three years and not one of them has been undertaken as the result of genuine desire; all have been impelled by one cause or another: employment, family reasons, whatever. I'm tired of it and I really really hope this is the last move for at least a few years - even though I know that circumstances may impel yet another move as soon as next spring. But perhaps the new changes will work out as hoped and we can settle in for a time. We'll just have to see.

My intent is that once we get a little unpacked in the new place I'll be able to get back to more regular blogging here; what with packing and all I've had little enough time and to be honest not a lot of inclination to work on posts. But I decided that I wasn't ready to let it go when I was getting furious reading some other blogs in the wake of the wonderful, massive outpouring of bold antiwar sentiment on Saturday only to find a number of them still - still! - bemoaning and grousing about the involvement of ANSWER in the organizing of it! And I kept thinking "My God - have we learned nothing in the last 50 flaming years?"

To get the rest of the rant that will, yes it will, make the connection there, plus some thoughts on what "Support the Troops!" means, check back the beginning of next week. In the meantime, enjoy the dancing vision of Tom DeLay, Bill Frist, and Karl Rove all under indictment simultaneously and take pleasure in one small victory in the struggle before your soul is frozen by the reality of Chief Justice John Roberts.

Footnote: The John Roberts Honor Roll, numbering 22, all Democrats: Akaka (HI), Bayh (IN), Biden (DE), Boxer (CA), Cantwell (WA), Clinton (NY), Corzine (NJ), Dayton (MN), Durbin (IL), Feinstein (CA), Harkin (IA), Inouye (HI), Kennedy (MA), Kerry (MA), Lautenberg (NJ), Mikulski (MD), Obama (IL), Reed (RI), Reid (NV), Sarbanes (MD), Schumer (NY), Stabenow (MI).

States with a clean conscience: California, Hawai'i, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York.

States with a troubled conscience: Delaware, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Rhode Island, and Washington.

States with no conscience: The rest.

Biggest Ass-Licker, measured by how far it was necessary to bend over to perform the act: Russ Feingold (D-WI).

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');