Monday, March 09, 2009

Well, that was interesting

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that a Facebook group had used a quote from a post of mine called "Heroics," which objected to the increasing frequency with which progressives routinely refer to all soldiers as "heroes."

Well, it seems someone linked to it on Reddit and it moved up until it was on the front page - with the result that on Saturday I got just barely under 7,000 hits. In one day. The post now has 38 ratings votes and 50 comments, both records.

Sunday's hits dropped from (for me) outer space to the merely quite elevated 310. It seems to be settling back toward normal range today.

I don't know if it did me any good in the longer run because the page views dropped from where they'd been - varying over time between 1.2 and 1.4 per visit - to 1.1, which means most of those folks looked at the one post and nothing else. So I dunno how many will come back. Still, overall it was an interesting experience.

I'll also take a moment to note that I'm a little pre-occupied these days - besides the increasing money worries that afflict so many others as well, my father-in-law is going on hospice today. But I expect to be back around tonight; this is a good distraction.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');