Monday, November 01, 2010

In which I take a moment out to pat myself on the back...

...for my prognosticatory acumen.

Speaking of elections, running up to one populated by more than the usual number of freakoids, nutzos, and dingbats, I recall that the day after the 2008 election, even before the smiles had faded from the faces of the faithful, I said
the wackos and nutballs populating the right edge of our political discourse are not going to go away. I do not even expect a moderation in their rhetoric; in fact I expect it to escalate.
And yet now we're supposed to be even more convinced that our best hope, indeed our only hope, is to stick even more firmly with those who think that half-measures go too far and that making nice with the bullies and bozos will get them any further toward the quarter-measures they favor next year than it has to date.

We are so screwed.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');