Friday, March 15, 2013

Left Side of the Aisle #99 - Part 5

Update: Antonin Scalia is still a scumbag

I told you last week that Antonin Scalia is a thorough-going scumbag. Now we have more evidence of just how thorough-going he is.

At the Supreme Court on March 5, Scalia told his fellow Justices how privileged he felt to serve on the Court because “I can say stuff here that got me fired at Kinko’s.”

He then went on to relating a charming anecdote about how he briefly worked for Kinko's in the mid-1970s and, quoting, “It seemed like every time I opened my mouth I got hauled into H.R.” - Human Resources, of course - where "the gal" told him "you can’t just go around insulting blacks and women and whatnot. There’s not a workplace in the country that will tolerate that.”

“Well, guess what," he concluded with a chuckle. "She was right - until I got this job.”

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, chuckling over his freedom to offend gays, minorities, and women and no one can do anything about it.

Truly a scumbag - and I trust you now understand why I said he's ineligible for the Clown Award because it would be unfair to the other candidates.

Sources:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/03/insensitive-remarks-led-to-young-scalias-firing-by-kinkos.html

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');