Saturday, January 04, 2014

A head's up

I mentioned a couple of days ago that the video of Left Side of the Aisle #140 would be delayed because of the storm.

It's up now. But to avoid - or perhaps to create - unnecessary confusion, I posted it to where it normally would have appeared, that is, on January 1 and before the posts on the individual items on the show.

Put another way, the video, for those of you who would like to see it, is at this linky-thing here.

Hope the year is treating you well so far. Remember, reactions to things here are invited, comment is encouraged, but comments that are simply personal slams on me or another commenter will be deleted without hesitation. Say something substantial or stay silent; be relevant or be reticent.

(Yeah, I know, a very forced alliteration but I happen to like alliteration. By the way, does anyone recall the term for the case of alliteration where a series of words begins with the same vowel sound, such as, for example, "each eager eagle?" I don't think assonance is it because assonance can occur anywhere in the words and alliteration typically involves the sound at the beginning of the words. I do remember the term was dubbed "apt alliteration's artful aid," but I don't recall the actual term. Help?)

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');