Saturday, February 18, 2017

12.4 - Clown Award: Kellyanne Conartist

Clown Award: Kellyanne Conartist

Now for one of our regular features, this is the Clown Award, given as always for meritorious stupidity.

I thought about this one, but it's really just too outright silly for a Clown Award, but I'll tell you about it anyway.

On February 12, the Department of Education put up a tweet about black historian, sociologist, civil rights activist W.E.B. Du Bois - and misspelled his name (as "DeBois"). They put up a corrected tweet a few hours later, along with a note offering the department's "deepest apologizes."

Apparently, they are hard at work making sure Betsy DeVos will feel right at home.

But our winner - and I swear I really didn't want to go here but I just couldn't not do it - our winner of the Big Red Nose this week is that diva of double-talk, that ace of ass-hattery, White House adviser Kellyanne Conartist.

On February 13, after it was revealed that Michael Flynn had in fact discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador before TheRump was inaugurated but before Flynn resigned, Conartist was asked on MSNBC if Flynn engaging in diplomatic conversations with Russia as a private citizen should be considered a firing offense.

Kellyanne Conartist
This was her answer:
You're asking me to answer hypotheticals and you're not looking at the other side, which is "What if it's not true?" I haven't heard that question at all. I only hear it in the negative context.
That has got to be the lamest, the stupidest, the most vapid "defense" of anyone I have ever heard in my life. It doesn't even make sense.

"Hey, you're suspected of shooting your neighbor's dog."
"Oh yeah? Well, what if I didn't do it? Why aren't you asking that, huh, huh?"

Because if there wasn't a reason to think you did it, there wouldn't be a question to ask!

Oh. My. Word. Kellyanne Conartist. What more can you say? Clown.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');