Friday, June 25, 2004

Blog matters

Just to update you, I've been fiddling with the template for this blog - and learning a little more about .html in the process.

As you may have noticed, I've updated and somewhat rearranged the link list and have added the boxes with links to Media Matters for America and Buzzflash. (The latter of which, unhappily, is evidently designed for use with IE. Those of you using Netscape - which includes me, in fact - will note that there are no breaks between items. But the five items are all there.)

I've also changed the appearance of the links. Personally, I never much cared for links that shout out their presence by boldly contrasting colors and underlining; I think they make it harder to read the post in a natural fashion. So I changed both.

From now on, links will look like this. (Don't bother following the link, it just leads back here.) I think the color difference is obvious enough without being intrusive.

If this makes it hard for any readers to spot links, please let me know and I will experiment with different colors until I find a satisfactory one.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');