Friday, June 25, 2004

Patriotism in action

The Smothers Brothers used to do a bit - actually, maybe they still do - in which Tommy mocks the song "I Talk to the Trees" from the Broadway musical "Paint Your Wagon" as "a stupid song from a stupid show" while Dick demands with increasing insistence "Have you seen it?" Finally, a frustrated Tommy bursts out with "I'm an American! I don't have to see something to know it's stupid!"
"I can speak for myself and I can speak for the President, and I can assure you that neither of us have seen [Fahrenheit 9/11]," said White House Communications Director Dan Bartlett. ...

"This is a film that doesn't require us to actually view it to know it's filled with factual inaccuracies."
Clearly, a fine American.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');