Saturday, October 22, 2005

Life, interrupted

Or, "Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Get Back to Blogging."

My best friend for the last 40 years or so dropped dead of a massive heart attack yesterday morning. He worked in wireless communications and was at a meeting to train some new customers on the equipment. He got as far as introducing himself - and then he just keeled over.

Immediate CPR didn't help; the paramedics (who arrived within about 5 minutes of being called, according to those who were there) couldn't help; attempts to revive him in the ER failed - in fact, they were pointless.

The only blood relation remaining is his wife's, his now-widow's, aged mother, who lives a few hundred miles away. She - the wife/widow - has got some good friends in the area, but the only family here are me and my ex-wife. No, we're not blood relations, but we're family all the same.

So I'm afraid I'm going to be rather distracted the next few days. My apologies in advance. I won't say that nothing will appear, but - well, just no promises. However it goes, it goes.

This is not a good day.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');