Thursday, November 24, 2005

That's all, folks

Well, I guess that's it. I've been doing this for over two years now. When I started I said I hoped it would be something that would be of use, not just navel-gazing. I've wondered all along if I was succeeding in that.

I've decided I haven't been.

When I first wrote this, at this point I started to go into the reasons why, how what I had hoped to accomplish would make Lotus stand out from other blogs, but then I deleted the whole paragraph because it sounded like an odd combination of puffery and whining. Suffice it to say that - particularly lacking a high-speed connection - I find I no longer have either the time or the energy to put in the effort required for this blog to become what I wanted it to be.

So a little over two years. During that time, not counting Jeopardy! posts, I've averaged just about three posts a day. In all that number, there were some, I expect, worth reading - and there were some people who were, at least for a time, regular readers. I thank you, one and all. But frankly, to you and to myself, I have to say that I don't think what I'm accomplishing here is worth the effort I'm putting into it. I have to find another way to be useful.

I'm going to leave the blog up for at least a while, long enough at least for me to scan back through two years' posts to see if there's anything there worth preserving. After that, who knows.

In the meantime, again, thank you all for reading, especially those of you who found the time to make a comment either here or by email. The joys and blessings of the season be on you all.

Footnote: I could hardly leave without one, could I? If there is any group blog that would be interested in having another member, someone who could offer some commentary once or twice a week, please let me know. My email is above.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');