Saturday, April 28, 2007

Comment comment

A few weeks ago, in response to this post about the Supreme Court's failure to address the Shrub team's (and Congress's) undermining of habeas corpus, I got a comment from folks at the Ministry of Love referring to their "ongoing Orwellian protest of the Military Commissions Act."

I didn't check it out partly because I was distracted and party because I'd never heard of them and frankly, I was suspicious it was a spam post just trying to drive traffic. But today I was at Haloscan doing something else and I got reminded of it and figured what the heck, I'd find out.

Yes, it is a legit site and their "Orwellian protest" is actually rather clever: They are trying to send a copy of 1984 with an explanatory note to every member of Congress who voted for the Military Commissions Act. As of early April they had sent out 149, not quite half of the total of 315 necessary.

You may want to give them a look - and, if you can, donate a copy. The link is above.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');