Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Finally!

Okay, here it is, the very brink of October 1. The new old - or old new or maybe the ... never mind - Lotus. My promise is to have something posted every single day. It may be long or short and it may be serious or sarcastic or a geek post. But dammit, there'll be something.

I went missing these past two weeks because moving proved to be more of a hassle than expected and we're still some time away from being settled here. Sometimes the short moves, which this was, are harder than the long ones.

More to the point, moving required a shift in our internet access, with the result that for the moment, only one of our two computers can be online at a time. Unfortunately for me, that one is my wife's so she gets first dibs on its use. So until I get a router, I'll have to choose my times. More importantly, all my cool programs for rapid links to news sources are on my computer. I do expect that just a few days of having to locate the links and enter them by hand will inspire me on that router business.

On weightier matters, I have my own thoughts on the wildfire in the financial industry, which I'll lay out later today. Bottom line on the cause, though: The banks and investment houses got greedy.

(Did he say "got?")

More banal insights this afternoon and/or evening.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');