Monday, April 26, 2010

Update

A quick update on a post too old to be updated there: On April 8 I posted about the order to kill Anwar al-Awlaki. I noted at the time that I had sent a version of the post to the White House, edited to fit within the character limit imposed by the email system there. When I sent it, I checked the box saying I wanted a reply.

I just wanted to note that it's now two and a-half weeks later and I have received no reply either by mail or email, not even a pro forma, automated, "thanks for your comment" reply. Make of that what you will.

3 comments:

tim said...

The deafening silence surrounding this is sickening. The opening line of the article on this by Jeremy Scahill was:
"There has been almost universal silence among Congressional Democrats on the Obama administration's recently revealed decision to authorize the assassination of a US citizen, Anwar al-Awlaki."
Link:
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20100503/scahill

Lotus said...

"Hey [shrug] that's old news [shrug] and we gotta support the president [fist to desk] and besides, with a name like that, he ain't really American, is he [wink]?"

JayV said...

Apart from Kucinich, that is. I've written my state's congressional delegation and have yet to hear back.

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');