Sunday, March 18, 2012

RIP

Just learned yesterday of the sad news that Peter Bergman, a founding member of Firesign Theater, died March 9 of leukemia.

I remember years ago when my wife, who never quite grasped the joys of Firesign Theater, realized that when my friend Craig and I were saying things to each other that seemed to her utterly baffling, that we were quoting from the albums.

So while he didn't win on "Beat the Reaper," perhaps Peter has reached the Antelope Freeway exit. RIP, guy. The world is a bit more linear without you. Unfortunately.

The Adventures of Nick Danger, Third Eye
Part One
Part Two
Part Three

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');