Saturday, January 19, 2013

Left Side of the Aisle #91 - Part 6

Guns and blood

Updated I have not nearly enough time to talk about this, this week, but there is something I want to say now.

This is Wednesday, the day I'm doing this. This is the day the White House is supposed to release its legislative agenda on what it wants to do about guns. I don't know what it is; it hasn't been released yet at the time this is being recorded. And there's way, way too much to talk about here. But there is something that needs to be said now.

Already - already - gun control groups are already talking about "Well, maybe, you know, we'll get the background checks but, well, we're not going to get anything else."

Already Democrats in Congress are going "Yeah, well, assault weapons ban, it's not gonna pass."

Harry Reid is already saying the Senate is going to concentrate on working on what will pass the House - in other words, nothing.

This is another example of what I call preemptive capitulation. They're giving up before the battle even starts.

Well, I'm going to tell you something, Harry Reid and all you Congressional Democrats and you Republicans and all the rest of you in Congress: There is blood on your hands.

Any one of you who does not vote for, advocate for, push for, the strictest possible, the strictest possible, restrictions on guns has blood on your hands and I call you an accessory to murder.

Sources:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/14/us-usa-guns-congress-idUSBRE90C0DK20130114
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/harry-reid-assault-weapons-ban.php

Updated to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the legislative agenda Obama laid out. It wasn't everything I would have wished for (of course) but it is far better than what I expected. More on the next edition of Left Side of the Aisle.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');