Friday, January 17, 2020

The Erickson Report, Page 1: Corrections

I have to make two corrections from last time, not really important ones and in fact one you may not have even noticed, but still, yeah, necessary.

Okay, the first one is that last time, in discussing Tweetie-pie's dangerous, anti-democracy speech, I said that in July he told a rally that "we'll do a three" - that is, have a third term - "and a four and a five." Actually, that was at a rally in May, not July.

July was when he declared that Article II of the Constitution, which lays out the role of the president, gives him, as he put it, "rights at a level that nobody has ever seen before," which came after the time in June when he claimed that Article II lets him do "whatever I want."

The other one is that I referred to a proposal to change the immigration definition of a "public charge" from describing someone essentially dependent on government to someone who might at some point in the future need some form of government assistance. While I did note that this would cut legal immigration by 375,000 a year, I unfortunately introduced the segment by saying the change would be a large-scale expansion of who can get a green card, rather than what I meant to say, that it would be a large-scale of expansion of who can be denied a green card on that basis. I wanted to make sure that was clear.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');