Wednesday, September 30, 2020

The Erickson Report for September 16 to 29

So we are back. This is our first show since March.

The first problem, of course, was COVID-19. You know, the "hoax" that has as of this moment killed 212,000 in the US, along with an additional 800,000 in the rest of the world.

So the studio where I do the show was shut down and no studio, no show. We talked about trying to do it from my home, but that proved impractical.

Even now, we're being careful. I'm alone in this studio, with the camera operator just coming in at the start, the break, and the end. But things are operating, so we hope and expect to be back to our regular two-week schedule.

We could have come back sooner, but something happened in my personal life in May. I won't bore you with any details but it did set back our resumption.

And then - you know the phrase good things come in threes? Apparently bad things can too. I was actually preparing a show when - well, you know how we're always told to backup our stuff? He's some advice for you: Backup your backup! A computer disaster cost me almost all my relevant files - including the backups.

I'll be honest: At that point, I felt like giving up. I wasn't sure I wanted to start from scratch. But after a few days of licking my wounds, I figured what the hell, let's go anyway.

And so here we are. Coming off certainly an eventful spring and summer and I wasn't referring to my own spring and summer but our collective one.

I'm not even going to try to recap these past months, rather, I'm going to have some observations about some things that have come up over that time.

We're back. Let's go.


No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');